Most children have no issues with development. But one child in six will have what is called a neurodevelopmental disorder.
There are six neurodevelopmental disorders which will be covered in this section. They are:
- Intellectual Developmental Disorder
- Communication Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Attention Deficit - Hyperactive Disorders (ADHD)
- Learning Disorders
- Movement Disorders
Comments from individuals who went to my workshops:
ADHD, Hyperactive or a Spoiled Brat
- Very informational.
- She really helped me understand some of the behaviors I see in kids.
Is Your Child Wired to Collide
- McGuire’s knowledge and experience is incredible.
The Disorganized Child
- She has great ideas that work for the child.
The Drama Queen or Drama King Child
- We discussed real situations and got real solutions.
The High Energy Child
- She uses great examples that make everything easy to understand.
- She answered lots of questions that pertain to my child.
- Everything she said can relate to our classroom.
- I really liked getting not only ideas but the theory behind the strategies.
The Stubborn Child
- Very informative
- McGuire makes learning easy and fun with a laid back atmosphere.
- We really learned a lot of things we can do.
- Excellent, helpful instructor
The Too-Shy Child
- She gave us a lot of great advice.
- She used humor and really connected with us.
- We learned things we can use at our place.
What Influences Children's Behavior?
- McGuire provided many examples.
Why Children Worry
- I now understand why kids worry about things at home and at school.
- I really enjoyed the speaker and her real-life stories and situation
Why Do Kids Cry?
- Excellent presentation and information.
My Thank You Gift for Visiting
I appreciate your visiting my site. I invite you to come back often because I will be adding content to the 3 layers on a regular basis. I would also like to give you a free copy of the first chapter of my book, Never Assume: Getting to Know Children Before Labeling Them.